The Commission acknowledges every individual and organsiation who made a submission. We thank you for your courage and generosity in sharing your experiences.
At a hearing of the Commission of Inquiry on Thursday, 18 August 2022, Police Commissioner Katarina Carroll agreed that there were significant cultural issues, relating to sexism, misogyny and racism, within the QPS.
Following that evidence, on Monday 22 August 2022 the Commission called for further submissions from people who had knowledge of the cultural issues within the QPS.
Submissions closed at 5pm, Monday 5 September 2022.
Publication of submissions received
The Commission received more than 820 submissions, including more than 400 from victim-survivors or other people impacted by domestic and family violence, as well as 365 submissions from current or former QPS members. The vast majority of these submissions specifically requested confidentiality and will not be published.
50 submissions were provided by community, government and frontline support organisations, academics, legal organisations and individual lawyers. The majority of these organisations and individuals consented to the publication of their submissions on this website, with information redacted where it was required to protect the privacy of the submitter or a person.
- Aged and Disability Advocacy Australia
- Australian Association of Social Workers
- Australia's National Research Organisation for Women's Safety
- Beyond DV
- Brisbane Youth Service
- Caxton Legal Centre Submission
- Combined Women's Refuge Group (SE QLD)
- DV Connect
- DV Lawyer
- Ending Violence Against Women Queensland
- Gold Coast Centre Against Sexual Violence Inc
- IFYS Submission
- Legal Aid Queensland
- LGBTI Legal Services Inc
- Men's Rights Agency
- Micah Projects
- Monash Gender and Family Violence Prevention Centre
- Ngarruwan Ngadju First Peoples Health & Wellbeing Research Centre
- No to Violence
- One in Three Campaign
- Parole Board Queensland
- Prisoners Legal Service
- QLD Sexual Assault Network
- Queensland Council of Social Service
- Queensland Family & Child Commission
- Queensland Human Rights Commissioner
- Queensland Law Society
- Queensland Network of Alcohol and Other Drug Agencies Ltd
- Relationships Australia
- Soroptimist International of Brisbane Inc
- The Brisbane Rape and Incest Survivors Support Centre
- Townsville Community Law
- Women’s Health and Equality Queensland
- Women's Legal Service Queensland
- WWILD Sexual Violence Prevention Association Inc
- Last reviewed
- 10 November, 2022
- Last updated
- 10 November, 2022